How to create a selection list
Selection lists can be used to easily create a list of options that can be links to other cards or be used to quickly collect user input through a set of pre-defined options.
The small size of wireless devices leads to limited options for user input,
therefore instead of requiring the user to input text, create a list of options to choose
To create a selection list, select paragraph in the element tree window,
press element button select to create new element.
In the attributes window define the selection options, what action is taken when an option is selected, and other variables.
- name attribute. Name of the variable that receives the value of the chosen
- multiple. When set to true, multiple user selections are permitted; when
false (default), only a single user selection is allowed.
- default. The default value of the variable specified by the name attribute. If the name variable already
contains a value, the name attribute is ignored.
- title. A title for the select element.
In difference of using name and default attributes, you have ability assign
defaults by index:
- iname. The name of the variable that is set with the index result of the user selection.
The number 1 specifies the first item, the number 0 indicates that no option is selected.
- ivalue. The index of the option element selected by default. If the variable specified by the iname
attribute is not set when the card is displayed, it is assigned the entry selected by default. If the
variable already contains a value, the ivalue attribute is ignored.